AVG antivirus is one of the best anti-viruses that offer you the best security to protect your computer from ransomware, spamware, and Trojans etc. Nowadays cyber security has become a big threat for the users who do online banking, shopping, and transactions. Being a user I can understand how unsafe it is to share our banking details over the internet.
Sometimes users are asked to disable the AVG Antivirus Program from their system as they face some technical issues while installing the other software. However, it is suggested that AVG antivirus should not be disabled or removed from the PC as it makes your data, software, and the applications vulnerable to the cybercriminals.
There are some basic steps that you need to follow in order to disable the AVG Antivirus program (Download available at avg.com/retail) from your system:
- Quit all the programs which are running on your system
- Right-click on the AVG icon which is at the bottom-right corner of the taskbar.
- Now, click on Temporary Disable AVG Protection (while disabling the antivirus you will be asked how long you want to disable it, therefore, select the desired time-period to proceed.)
- Hit the OK button
If you want to disable AVG from AVG’s Advanced Settings then these steps need to be followed:
- Open the installed AVG by clicking on its icon
- On the right hand side, you can see the Options menu
- Click on the Options to get the drop down menu
- Now, click on the Advanced Settings and if you do not find the same then visit avg.com/retail.
- Click on the Temporarily Disable AVG Protection (warning message will be prompted to you that your computer will be on a higher risk to get affected from the cyber threats)
- Still if you want to go on, just click on the OK button to proceed further
- You will be taken to a new screen where you will be recommended that you can enable AVG Protection Program anytime by clicking on Enable AVG icon on a right hand side of your computer
- You will be asked how long you want to disable the AVG Protection
- Here, you can also choose to disable the Firewall
- Now, choose the time duration for which you want AVG to be disabled
- You can also disable Firewall Protection by clicking on the Check Box to the left of the Disable Firewall Protection and pressing OK.
For further queries or concerns about how to install AVG using Avg retail, speak to an expert by contacting AVG customer support number.